EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:18:40 -0500
I don't really understand this somewhat freefloating post. If it's a
reaction to Scheetz (who seemed to suggest that Pound's anti-semitism
was sensible), then a rather stronger reaction than this plaintive
post is necessary -- Scheetz's implicit justification of anti-semitism
is to be utterly repudiated as not worthy of consideration among
rational and decent people.

But let us answer William's initial question in a round-about. Suppose
My neighbors drove me out of my home, killing my wife in the process.
Suppose that that supposedly most decent of my neighbors looked on
fairly indifferently while the process was continuing, but then (for reasons
of their own) organized and suppressed the neighbors who had
driven me out, and in the process declared loudly that I had been
most unjustly oppressed.

So what do they do to repair this injustice? Why they come to *your*
neighborhood, they kill many of your neighbors, they force you to
move out of your house and live in a barrel in a vacant lot, and they
move me into your house. And if any of your friends and neighbors
complains or attempts to force you -- not to leave my house but just
to share it equally with me -- why those neighbors have their houses
bombed and they are declared enemies of humanity.

Why just because X (with the partial connivance of Y & Z) was
injust to me, should X's co-criminals, Y & Z (the U.S. and
England) combine to drive *you* from your home to make up
for *their* crimes against me?

Carrol