ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:53:42 -0500
So, time is passed and its time to report responses.  Thanks to all who
participated!

Results:  9 of 10 respondents correctly answered my intention of  #8
Scott Pellerin, #19 Jim Montgomery and #9 Paul Kariya, with the shamrock
for Shawn Walsh.  One even included a photo of the Alfond banner
dedicated to this subject!  I particularly was impressed that all 9
correct answers mentioned not only the Maine jersey number, but the man
that wore it.  The 10th respondent correctly pointed out that only *3*
jersey numbers have been retired, as did others, and predicted #4 Chris
Imes would soon be the 4th retired jersey. That would be a great
prediction this season, the tenth anniversary of his amazing senior
year.  But, alas, I have no knowledge of such action.

However, 3 people responded to the list, with 2 canceling their own
private response.  Thus the final result was 6 counted answers toward
the challenge of a dozen or more :-(

Thanks again, to all participants!  cheers, wayne