ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:32:23 EST
>up tempo - get up and down the ice fast strong rushes at the net - kind of
>like a fast break in basketball terms

OK.  Makes sense.  Good to give a Maine'er a reference to B-Ball ;-)

Does that describe our Maine team?  We certainly have some fast skaters,
but I wouldn't have guess we score many goals on rushes.  More like
grind in corners, make opposition turn over puck, poke in a rebound.

We had a ton of 4-2, 3-2 rushes against Iona (but I don't recall any
goals on those ...  and not many shots on.  Of course, Marty's recent
GWG was a great rush.  :-)

Maybe we play up-tempo defense, if there's such a thing?

Thanks for the reply, wayne