ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:21:10 EST
Just a couple of points ...
>Like BC, Maine has a potent up-tempo offense that moves the puck extremely
>well and spreads around its scoring. ...

(1) What is "up-tempo offense"? (really, I don't have a clue)

(2) "that moves the puck extremely well"?  (really?  I would have said
   this team's Achilles' heel is its passing.  What do you think?)

(3) "spreads around its scoring" (really?  nearly half of Maine's goals
   have come from Liscak, Shields and Heisten.  nearly all of Maine's
   points have come from 5 seniors and 3 juniors).  Maine has 3 players
   with 1 point or better per game;  Harvard has 5! (Harvard does drop
   off more rapidly after that, however).

>Freshman Jimmy Howard and junior Frank Doyle ...

   Did Frank complete another year when we weren't looking?

Harvard does appear to have a good team this year, but if Maine comes
to play hard (they didn't Friday against IONA, IMHO), Maine should win.

In "elite" games this year (BC, BU, Cornell), Harvard is 0-2-1.

Go blue!