ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:54:47 -0500
Jake,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!  This is exactly the type of info we
are looking for.  The lines, the reviews and a look ahead at an exciting
player coming I believe in time for the FLA tournament.

Those of on the outside appreciate this and hope that others can provide
similar with regards to this weekly show in the future!

A greatful Bob Fitta '83

>Well here is a brief recap of what I heard this morning on Coach
>Walsh's weekly talk with Dale Duff on WZON.
>
>1) Niko will play this weekend on the Hiesten and Kerluke line(watch
>out Lowell this line can pack a punch)
>
>2) He LOVES Donovan on the first line with Kariya and Trattnig, and
>thinks its quite impressive that he can play on that first line and
>make a difference.  He sounded quite giddy about the future in that
>respect.
>
>3) He mentioned that Loya was suspended for two games from the team for
>a violation of 'motor vehicle infractions'  and pretty much left it at
>that.  With Loya out Turgeon will get back in the line-up and at the
>same time he said that he was impressed with Nault's play of late and
>that he too would stay in the line-up.
>
>4) He was really excited about Don Richardson, saying he was similar to
>Gionta without quite the same finishing ability and said he was a
>FASTER Cal Ingraham.  So that should be exciting to see.
>
>5) He mentioned that this will be a somewhat tough stretch that they
>were entering with 4 road games in 8 days (Lowell Fri, Cornell Tues,
>Brown Fri, Dartmouth Sat).  He brought up the fact that we "owed" these
>teams some games since they had all recently visited Alfond and we
>hadn't been out there recently.
>
>6) He brought up the fact that Hockey East teams aren't getting it done
>in road league games this year with only BU getting a tie, Maine
>getting a tie and BC a win (at Lowell), those were the only road points
>registered so far in this first month of HE play.  So he said that was
>motivation for the team and him.
>
>7) Dale asked about his health and Coach said that he has a meeting
>within a week with doctors to see how everything is going, but said
>that if his energy level (real high) and his appetite(again real good)
>were any indication then he is going to get good news.
>
>So here is a wrap up of the latest "news" that you might have missed if
>you weren't listening this morning to the SportsZone.  I assume that
>most weren't and this is the stuff that people kind of look for in this
>forum.
>
>-Jake

Bob Fitta
Advertising Account Manager