ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:20:05 -0500
Well it seems I opened a can of worms by simply asking to know the latest.
This statement was not for knowing the latest gossip, but the latest news,
if it's being reported in the BDN (the web version is not as detailed) on
LBZ or ABI.  I rightly or wrongly believe that those of us who care about
the team, who contribute money to the team through FofMH or otherwise
support the team are anxious to know what is happening.  We get so little
news about our Bears outside the area that it is only natural to want to
know who's dressing, who's benched and what lines are to be played.  I am
not asking to know whether coach is going to use a 2 man or 1 man forecheck
tonight, nor am I asking how player X did on his Astronomy test.

 Jim Baines  said "I roomed with a hockey player when I was an
undergrad...some things you guys just don't want to know!" . I agree, in
fact  as someone who broadcast the games for the Bears on WMEB in the early
80's (as did another frequent poster to this board)I had several friends on
the team who would confide in me, not once did I report anything they said
in private.  That's not what any of us are looking for.  I'm sorry if this
touched a nerve, it was by all means an innocent attempt to open up a
discussion on why news available on other boards had not been reported on
this list.  A list I view as my most reliable source for Maine Hockey News.

See you at the rink!

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta
Advertising Account Manager