ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"S. Hayes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 13:26:29 -0600
thanks for the recap - i'm new to this and am trying to learn how to get
info
about the black bears games as quickly as possible - i'm also interested in
getting involved in discussions about the black bears specifically and
hockey
east in general - regarding the nu goal where the net may have been
dislodged
i just read where there is a new rule this year (don't know if it applies to
hockey
east or not????) but the new rule states that if the net is purposely
dislodged by
a defensive player the official does not have to immediately stop play until
he
determines the offensive scoring opportunity is over and if a goal is scored
even
if the net is dislodged it will count!!!  i agree with the new rule because
stopping
play definately takes away the scoring momentum of the offensive team
however
it can certainly be a judgment call at times so an official must have no
doubt in his
mind that the net was intentionally dislodged!!!