From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:59:24 -0500
I believe that Cornell captures the regular season title with a tie
tonight against St. Lawrence.  St. Lawrence, who is fight for a playoff
berth, led twice but couldn't get the go ahead goal at the end.  Kevin
Ackley was outstanding in goal.  I think they said that he was the
number one star of the game as awarded by Lynah (Cornell's rink)..

Tomorrow night Cornell hosts Clarkson and St. Lawrence travels to
Colgate who lost to Clarkson tonight.

First Period:
11:16 - SLU - Carruthers from Bartlett
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 8
CU - LeNevue - 12

Second Period:
4:14 - CU - Mark McRae from Wieckowski
12:12 - SLU - Clarence from Bartlett and Glenn
16:14 - CU - Wieckowski from Franscis and ?(sorry)
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 13
CU - LeNevue - 10

Third Period:
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 12
CU - LeNevue -6

Overtime:
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 2 35
CU - LeNevue - 2 28

The Pelletier-Stweart Memorial Players of the game:
offensive - Russ Bartlett
defensive - Kevin Ackley

Sara
SLU '77