From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:05:36 -0400
>I want to thank you all for your help.  I went with the Best Western out by
>the Airport -- about 7 miles to the Pepsi Arena.  $80 / night.  I found
>cheaper, but I like BW hotels and my 12 yr old will be OK there.
>
>What's parking like around there?

The Pepsi is right in downtown Albany.  There should be no problem parking on Saturday since the Empire State Plaza is right up the street and it has vast amounts of parking (although I'm sure they'll charge some fee for parking as they did last year for the regionals.  Thursday afternoon could present a problem since the early game will undoubtedly start while people are still at work. If you're early enough, there are visitor's spots in the Empire State Plaza as well as another parking garage adjacent to the Pepsi. I assume other lots will make spots available. There are also a fair number of free lots available outside the city that connect to bus lines that take you downtown.  It's possible that some special transportation arrangements may present itself as the date draws near. Why don't you ask again in February and I'll have an update as the
tourney time approaches?