Sender:
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:07:38 -0500
7BIT
From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
The programs, guides and IHN (Intercollegiate Hockey Newsletter)
issues I have from 1966-1970 all seem to agree that it is Serge
Boily.  The BU media currently spells it Boiley, which appears to
be incorrect.

According both a long time Terrier fan whose first year following the
team was 1968-69 and the preview issues of the IHN for 1967-68
and 68-69, Serge played on the same line as Herb and Mickey
Gray.  The also played together on the freshman team in 1965-66
when they set a line scoring record of 144 points in sixteen games.
 The IHN preview issue for 1967-68 calls their line the "Pinball Line"
and states they scored 69 goals.  The 1968 NCAA Hockey Guide
lists Wakabayashi and Boily among the leading scorers in the
East for 1966-67.  Herb is listed with 16--51-67 (4th overall) and
Serge is listed with 29-26-55 (tied for 14th overall), which means
Mickey scored 24 goals (assists unknown).

Eddie Wright is not listed as a letterwinner for the 1966-67 season,
so he may not have played regularly.  The 67-68 IHN preview
mentioned he had "a good shot at capturing a regular turn" on the
team, which he did, as he lettered for 67-68 and 68-69.

On another note; On 2 Nov 00, at 23:08, Bob Griebel wrote:

> Next to hockey archaeologists like us, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
must
> seem pretty dull, eh?

While, I would not really say that; I think "Raiders" was far more
exciting.  Hockey archaeology is less deadly, less exhausting,
less globe-trotting and much less financially rewarding, but I find it
much more interesting and much more mentally rewarding.  It can
also be done after work and on weekends.

Finally, I would like to ask the members of this list for some input:

First, this topic has led to wonder if I need to add yet another field
to my player information; hometown.  Until now I had not even
considered entering that information into my database.  Looking
through the media guides I have only Wisconsin has done that.
However, it does seems to be potentially useful and important
information.  So, what do you think: Should I add it to my
database?  Please let me know.

Second, please let me know what information you think should be
in my database. I had not even considered player hometowns, so I
am sure I have missed other information that could be included.
For example; my wife keeps asking me to enter the officials for
every game.  What do you think?  Is that something you are
interested in?

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers             2000 Beanpot Champions