EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:15:41 GMT
Bob, I didn't know you were such a supporter of big business. The view here
is that the oil companies colluded with the protesters. If taxes on fuel
come down, demand will rise and so will the net price. Since the protests at
the refinery gates were on the whole peaceful and non-obstructive - not
really a blockade at all - the oil companies could have continued to deliver
fuel if they had wanted to. Instead, the theory is that they decided it was
in their better interests to sit by whilst schools closed, hospitals
cancelled operations, and nearly everyone suffered interference to varying
degrees in their ordinary family lives, work and leisure.

Richard Edwards (boojwa kitch culture swindler?)