ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:47:51 EDT
HC/StLawrence

Poor Holy Cross ...  but then, top-10 SLU lost to Northeastern last
week.  I look for good defense from SLU, if needed, and a bunch of
goals.

For those in the area, the 4pm game can be fun just because there won't
be many fans there.  It'll be easy to move around and a great chance to
evaluate MAAC and ECAC hockey.

For SLU, Coach Joe Marsh is top-notch and brings a pre-season top ECAC
selection team that lost to BC in a Frozen Four semi-final last season.
However, like Maine, SLU lost significant players to graduation and
early pro signings and may not be as good as they might be at end of
this season.  SLU is lead up front by the senior line of Erik Anderson,
Mike Gellard and Al Fyfe.  The D is led by Matt Desrosiers.  In goal
could be Symington or Coakly, each competent backups last year.

HC beat Concordia 2-0 a week ago in front of 175 fans.  I don't know
much about them except that they were last-place in the MAAC last
season.  Top returnees for the young HC team include Sophomore Brandon
Doria and Junior Pat Rismiller.  Last week, HC played 3 goalies 1 period
each.

US Development team/Maine

I look for Yeats to watch tonight's game from the bench.  Since this is
an exhibition, it doesn't mean anything in the fight for NCAA tournament
selection.  But this will be a battle for the opportunity to play SLU
tomorrow night ...  and a win over SLU could be huge at NCAA Tournament
selection time.  I look for a high-speed, skilled-player game, but I
know exactly nothing about this US Development team.  Janik and Jackson
are former US Development players.

See you at the rink, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
The College Hockey lists, Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/