ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:06:47 -0400
[log in to unmask],.Internet writes:
> Can anyone tell me where and when the Friday nights UND sweaters will
>be auctioned off. Myself and several others are interested in bidding
>them up for a good cause. Any help will be apprieciated.

Jon -- I can speak to that.  The board of The Coaches Foundation, of
which I am a member, will make that decision and I am not sure when
that will be forthcoming.  We next meet in mid-November.
I am sorry that many people were thrown off course by the use of the
phrase the "Shawn Walsh Foundation" (there is no such thing) and a
statement in the local newspaper that the jerseys were being turned
over to "University of Maine officials" (not the case) and would be
"auctioned off at the end of Saturday's game" -- there couldn't ahve
been more inaccuracies in statements made in two separate articles!  No
one involved in the Foundation was contacted for information about the
jerseys.
When the time comes, word will go out on the websites of a number of
college hockey related entities and, I assure you, it will be posted
here.
Nonni Daly