ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:12:47 -0400
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Thanks, Nonni for all your posts, I enjoy reading them.  What a
>wonderful
>gesture by the North Dakota team to have Coach Walsh's name on their
>jerseys.  I've been a closet fan of the Fighting Sioux since I met some
>of
>their crazy fans in Lake Placid - this only reinforces my feelings.
>Still,
>I hope that the Sioux go 0-2 this weekend against the Black Bears.

Couldn't agree more, Lindsay!  I was at the rink tonight to meet Dean
and his kids when they came in and couldn't thank them enough for this
gesture.  Now that the Coaches Foundation is a reality, we're going to
try and make tomorrow night a night when the "North Dakota team gives
the shirts off its backs" to help Shawn Walsh and other coaches.
As a member of the Foundation Board, I get to accept the shirts at the
ice end of their runway as they leave -- just a minor little
Chippendale hockey show for the fans!  Nah -- just fun and something
for a very good cause, too.  Since Maine will win, they will probably
just strip them off and throw them at me!
Thanks for enjoying the occasional post.  Working so closely with the
team helps and I know how ardent fans feel about anything relating to
Maine Hockey.
Nonni