ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 11:52:13 -0400
[log in to unmask],.Internet writes:
> I saw part of  the last practice at Alfond this past season(last
>April).
>At the end of the practice, Shawn let the seniors take a breakaway
>against
>any goalie they wanted while the rest of the team stood on both sides
>and
>clapped. The first few took shots against Matt or Mike but when Corys
>turn
>came he took Trapper. At the time I thought it was a classy move by
>Cory,
>making sure Trapper was included in Shootout.Trapper stopped him:-)
Cory has to be one of the most Class Act kids ever to grace the ice at
Alfond.  Yes, I knew about this and it was a heart-warming thing for
Trapper, too, I'm sure.
> so I'm
>not writing him off. I believe most of us feel Matt or Mike has the best
>shot at regular play.
Mo and Yahtz are both upperclassmen and that makes it easy to think of
them as the logical netminders.  Trapper is still a freshman,
athletically -- although a sophomore, academically.  But, in my
experience with the program, the job usually goes to the guy who can
get the job done, primarily because of his work in practice that week.
Mo and Yahtz certainly deserve the first look, because of their class
status on the team -- McVicar won't be avilable until 12/2001 or
1/2002, if the NCAA even allows him to play.
Just wanted to insert my thoughts on who is on tap if Mo or Yahtz
aren't up to the job from time to time.  The next logical guy in line
is Clark.  He came back to camp in phenomenal shape and has improved
measurably since he first came to Maine.  Was afraid that he was just
being written off as "one of those kids from Maine ... " :-)