ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:31:30 -0400
[log in to unmask],.Internet writes:
>Has anyone heard how Shawn is doing?  Please provide an update if
>available.
>Thanks and GO BLACK BEARS

This is the post I sent yesterday to some people on my hockey list.
Hope this helps.
Nonni

Hi, everyone --
        Sorry it has been so long between posts.  The gang at the hockey
office received a long email from Lynne this morning and this is the
gist.
        Shawn was to have started the second 5-day round of the first cycle on
the 26th of this month.  But, one specific test wasn't where the
doctors wanted it to be, so they delayed the start of treatment.  They
did have to remove some fluid from his lung again and, the good news is
that there was no evidence of malignant material in the fluid.
        He started the five days yesterday, should finish on the 1st and, if
able to travel, will be back in central Maine early next week.  Wow!
Guess that means I had better get cracking on the Maine Hockey Playbook
2000, so I don't get yelled at when he returns. :-)
        So far, things continue to sound good, the treatments are not the
greatest, but he is staying strong throughout -- surprising no one!
When he gets back, I should have more to send along.
        Keep your good and positive thoughts coming in our direction.