ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:46:11 EDT
>It mentioned that the pre-insulation noise on ice was intense.  ...

It is my recollection that the ceiling insulation was installed because
(1) the wood looked moldy, (2) to save heating/cooling $s, and (3) to
*increase* the noise.

There are much worry at the time (circa '90-91) that increasing the
volume of the arena would make the times of intense noise extinct.

I wouldn't say those times are extinct, but they sure are more rare.

Like a creature on the endangered species list, maybe Alfond noise just
needs more attention from more of the attendees than before?

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3