ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Beth A. Dixon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:28:00 -0400
I just want to add a little bit about Jim Leger.  I think Shawn Walsh is
100% correct in saying that the Humanitarian Award may in fact be more
of an honor than the Hobey Baker.  In this past year we have seen two
pro football players land in jail on murder charges.  We see pro players
on the ice at the end of a game taking their frustrations out in the
most violent of ways.  Kudos to Jim Leger for giving the kids of Maine
and Massachusetts a great role model and hero.

Jim, in his four years has managed to play for (in my humble opinion)
the greatest college hockey team in the nation, maintained top grades,
and give of his time to all different organizations both in the Orono
area and in his home state.  No one deserves this award more than Jim.
Thanks for four great years of hockey and services to the University of
Maine, Jim!

Beth Dixon '96