ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:24:27 EDT
I got a chuckle tonight watching the 11 o'clock news and a Ch 2 sports
guy standing in the rain on the Maine campus, awaiting arrival of the
returning Maine team.

If rumours are correct, he'll have a long wet night, as the Maine team
has decided to return tomorrow evening, after the awarding of the Hockey
Humanitarian Award ...  to Jim Leger. (!)

On today's game ...  I thought Maine and Yeats played very well ...
well enough to win with a break here or there.

Kudos to the Maine team ...  a wonderful team with a great effort this
year.  It's easy to be proud of them all.

Boo and Hiss to Dan Hannigan who allowed his sidekick Clem to drone on
about how North Dakota was so much better.  Over and over ...  seemingly
endlessly.  Bull.  They are a strong team, with a goalie that stole the
show.  Nothing more (yet).  Please, give Clem a roving mike, but don't
make him a hockey color analyst ever, ever again.  Clem made the TV
jocks sound good.

But those TV jocks did have at least one thing right ... Barrett Heisten
played a wonderful game. He was "this close" to scoring a hat trick.
I didn't expect him to play a second year at Maine, but now I sure hope
he plays out his eligibility here with his brother.

Fill the steins to dear old Maine,

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing