ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Steve Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:13:49 -0500
As a lifelong maine fan I will come right out and say cory did it and it
was butt ending.  I was sitting directly over the blue line in the first
row of the balcony and watched the entire thing.  Comrie was cherry picking
and cory was shadowing him.  I didn't see what comrie did to antagonize him
(probably whatever drew my attention and the official's attention to the
play), but i did see cory wind up and deleiver either an elbow or the
butt-end of the stick (i couldn't tell).  I imediatly turned to the person
i was with and commented that he was lucky to not get kicked out of the
game for that....then well after the whistle i saw cory talking to the ref
and you could see he was really upset.  We'll just say i wasn't surprised
to hear that he got the DQ.