ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Brian Demoree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:46:03 -0400
WMEB is erecting a new transmitting tower next weekend, but it is going
to zap a lot of money from our budget.  As a result, some things have
to be cut, and funding for road games may be one of them.  If any of
you know of any companies who would like to underwrite our hockey
broadcasts, or if there is anyone who would like to contribute
poersonally to this cause, please let me know either by responding to
this folder or by calling my office at (207) 581-4340.  Thanks a lot.
By the way, our new tower will allow for our signal to reach high
points in Waterville and will completely saturate the greater Bangor
area.  It will also use a microwave unit (ass opposed to analog phone
lines) for a clearer signal.  As for the trouble people have had
accessing our site (webradio.com/wmeb), I have sent a message to the
webradio people asking for help.  For now, you can still access the
site by going to www.umaine.edu/wmeb and clicking on the icon that says
"Listen to WMEB".  WMEB may or may not have the next games (vs.
Northeastern on Dec. 3 & 4) - it depends on our budget.  Finally, Maine
beat Brown 3-0, with goals by Ben Guite, Brendan Walsh, and an
empty-netter by Barrett Heisten.  Mike Morrison was solid in net.
Magnus Lundback left the game early, as did Chris Heisten.

Brian Demoree
Station manager/Sports director/3rd year play-by-play, 91.9 FM WMEB