ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:58:15 EDT
Warning: Annual diatribe on tentative schedule availability follows!

>As we start piecing the schedule together (before its official
>release), this from Brown's schedule:

Don't you just hate this crap that the U Maine SID puts us through?
They have next year's schedule.  95%+ of it won't change.  A tentative
schedule allows some of us to make (tentative) plans.

Want an analogy?  Most stores are open for business before their GRAND
OPENING.  Think of the GRAND OPENING like the "Official Release" of next
season's schedule.

Excuse #1: The date with QYZU is still tentative.

   You would mark a tentative schedule "tentative", wouldn't you?

Excuse #2: QYZU doesn't want us to publish their tentative date(s).

   Leave the QYZU game(s) off the tentative schedule.  Provide a
   footnote "n games to be scheduled".

Excuse #3: Some game might change date or time.

   Some games might change on an "Official Schedule".  Provide a warning
   label: "All games, dates and times subject to change.  We expect a
   final official schedule to be published in June and distributed with
   the season ticket holder renewal package."

Excuse #4: Someone might think this is a final schedule and get angry at
the University for providing misinformation.

   You didn't provide misinformation.  You provided a preview service,
   subject to change.  The 95%+ unchanged information helped 100 times
   more people than complained (I'll guess).

Excuse #5: This is a busy time of year; we'll get to it later.

   No comment.

Excuse #6: ?

   This is all the excuses I remember being told recently.  Add your
   own or complain about mine :-)

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing