ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:52:48 EST
In a message dated 11/19/98 6:13:27 PM, bailey wrote:

> Though only a percentage of this is dispersed to cover hockey games, I
>think we should be entitled to our 700 seats!

( I assume this writer means 700 in addition to the ones which have been used
in the past, keeping the full 1500.)

Even though they go unused creating an echoing space instead of being filled
with LOUD Maine Hockey fans?  Shame on you for even suggesting the idea!  The
program needs LOUD bodies in the seats, and if the students can't fulfill the
challenge of filling the allotment....(If the tone of this paragraph seems a
little in-your-face, you got it exactly right!)  Time to start compromising,
folks, and having a little trust that your complaints are being heard and
attended to and will continue to be heard and attended to, as best as can be!
So know this - IF the students get some school spirit for the hockey program
and IF they DO start showing up, they'll be taken care of!

I am certain the U is sensitive to the issue of student fees, as I have heard
it mentioned at meetings many times as a valued resource. I also know that if
the students start getting into hockey again, they will be given as many
tickets as they have bodies for the seats!  But, until then, why not give
these seats to folks who really want to go see Maine play, and who have been
aced out for so long because of the policy which reserved seats for students
who never came?

Wayne is exactly right - the revenue is needed, to keep the Maine Hockey
program going strong, among other reasons.  And the writer who has a bug in
his rectum, if he is ever denied a seat at a Maine game (which I am told has
not happened more than once in the past three years, at a BU game), he (I am
assuming it's a he!) can come get me in the Dexter Lounge and I will
personally donate my seat to his cause and go sell 50 50 tickets!  Obviously
he is one of those LOUD folks I want in there, if he can eliminate the trash
talk!

And folks - thanks for listening....

Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation!