ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:40:25 -0500
7bit
From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
To me, it's their recognition that this has been a Jeckle & Hyde
season.  They've had some incredible, world-class success and some
pond-scum-ugly non-successes.  Many fans are wondering what's going on
... players must have their own set of concerns ... they're not robots.

I've had a few people suggest that this is such a different team from
past years, that the fans will have frustrations.  They suggest that
while this may be among our most skilled set of players ever, it is not
as athletic as we're used to.  I'm not sure I buy it .. but if so, how
do they play to their strengths?

Deron (Hi Deron!) uses the term "unacceptable" (and has at times in
other seasons), but I don't know how it helps us see "the light at the
end of the tunnel".  What work is there to do?  Score more -- allow
fewer odd-man rushes for a start?

That Shepheard can visualize 2 wins against the team that clobbered them
earlier this season is a bit of good news, IMHO. :-)

cheers, wayne