EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:11:40 -0400
I'll make this brief. Wei hasn't attempted to silence anyone. If anything,
Wei's the one who has been encouraged to shut up. There is, I understand, a
finite limit on disk space that the list messages can occupy, and only in
that sense could Wei possibly be accused of hogging bandwidth, so to speak.
Wei is probably unaware of this technological limitation, since it was
announced before his arrival, IIRC. I look forward to contributions from
scholars who have thought about Pound's poetry and politics for a long time'
nothing's been stopping them from contributing to the discussion except
perhaps a desire not to engage in impromptu exchanges which are sometimes
too full of the sound and the fury. I look forward to Wei's relentless
pursuit of the truth as he sees it. I prefer not to engage in name-calling,
but would also defend Deporre's right to call Wei an "EFFing git" if it
pleases him to do so.  I would bet a dollar that Wei would prefer to be
called such a name to Deporres being restricted in any way in matters of
free speech.

Tim Romano