EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:24:07 -0700
Yes, Tim, not only is  "the downplaying of accomplishments one of the
essential features of the heroic ethos" which is to say no bragging, but the
absolute ignorance of one's origins is most often the hero's fated
requirement, e.g. Oedipus or Siegfried - that and having the fear of
nothing.
    In fact just look at the lineage of Luke Skywalker. And Mussolini's son
is quite a good jazz pianist I understand. Oh, sorry to wander off the
subject of ancient Chinese feudalism.
    Has anyone read Norman Holmes Pearson's essay "The Double-Cross System
in the War of 1939 to 1946". I see that in the Bryher Papers at Yale
University's Beinecke Rare Books and Manuscripts Library it is listed as
#3563  with preface, 3 drafts, typescript, and photocopy 1971. Was it ever
published?

Salad and fratercide,

CDM