EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:09:49 EDT
In a message dated 08/08/2000 5:52:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Of course the one possibility which my question omitted was the possibility,
 never to be admitted by Wei, that Pound ACTUALLY MEANT WHAT HE SAID. The
 question was prompted by Wei's syllogism: Mussolini's welfare record was
 very poor; Pound was a supporter of Mussolini; therefore Pound can't have
 cared at all about people in need. I don't think that follows.

it's quite clear that Mr. Blow It Out Your Ricebowel Endlessly thinks that
Pound ACTUALLY MEANT WHAT HE SAID only when he said something that confirms
that he was a fascist.  whenever Pound said something that could be
understood as something other than "I am a fascist" Mr. Ricebowel feels the
lowdown urgency to push and strain until he produces yet another dense,
convoluted interpretation.  this is characteristic of a moral constipation
wherein one's intake is not equal to one's output.  "Oh yeah," says Mr.
Ricebowel, "well, let's see your shit!"  endlessly.

jb