EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 05:04:16 GMT
I find this very interesting.

>Final post on I, Claud. I think I've nailed it!
>I, Claud by Claud Cockburn - Penguin - published 1967!

Especially this:

>Cockburn . . . .relays Pound's comment re the space between word and action
>being less than any other writer. . .
>and o mi gosh it was about Lenin!

But I am sure that in either the Guide to Kulchur, or Jefferson and
Mussolini (most probably the latter), Pound said the exact opposite.  I
don't have the exact quote in front of me, but it something like:  Lenin's
writing IS pure action!

Puzzling.

>That was fun!
>But off hand comments require more work than they're worth, in the end.

Yes.  Perhaps.  But every scrap of information can be useful.  Thank you for
presenting it.  If you have it there, maybe you can give us the exact quote?

>Margaret

Sincerely,

Wei