EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Jacob Korg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:23:30 -0700
Dan:
        I fully agree that some interpretations are better than others
--and I am enjoying your military preoccupation. Thinking of joining up?
And a word to Louis:
        Your insight about scaling things to artistry is
wonderful. Wouldn't it be great if Pound were saying, the poet should
forget politics and stick to "artistry"? However, I have to admit I don't
follow your point about the attack on "humanity"or is it
"humanism"? Surelythe libretto is offered as an example of true
"artistry?"
                        Jacob