EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
kevinkkiely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:49:40 +0100
Dick Edwards is perhaps right if he's expressing a longing that the list get
down to the business of discussing Pound's works sans the Axis/Fascist
broadcasts.

Lin Wei does present more damning quotes from Pound, "I was behind in
reading Mein Kampf" and "But I believe in Fascism and I want to defend it"
and sure as hell he did, gloriously. It is sickening to think of him
belching out all that vile stuff when so many people were facing their death
in the destruction of 1939-1945 and even if he did recant, he had his say
and maintained the death dealing atmosphere if not enhance it in his own way
along with many others. Pound did deny twice in outbursts at his trial how
he never supported Fascism or was that just the squealing of a trapped rat.
Now this speaker is turning vile calling Pound a rat?

Freud and Jung as applied to Pound may lead to the usual kind of hit and
miss exlanation which is the realm of Junk and Frump with no offence to
either Doctor of the Psyche but let's get on with the business of Psyche
searching through Pound's poetry?

There is the far bigger can of worms about whether the Allies were whiter
than the driven snow albeit victors of WWII and in condemning Nazism,Fascism
are some list members voicing victor's propaganda devoid of objectivity
except of course that the present list member is emphatically anti-Nazi &
anti-Fascist.

to repeat: echoing Mr Edwards, it is better to discuss his works and not
continue with the bruhoo over the broadcasts?

some of the beauty and music of Pound's poetry is needed after the dirge of
death that was the war or any war.

kevinkkiely