EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:49:40 PDT
Carlo wrote:

>What is most telling to me is that you automatically assume that my
>remarks are addressed to you. You should listen far more closely to Joe
>Brennan's comments and perhaps take them to heart. CP

Are you making a correct assumption about what I "automatically assume"?

I assume the following:  All messages posted on this list are addressed to
all participants on the list. Anyone may respond to any post on the list.
If this is a mistaken assumption on my part, I don't mind having it pointed
out (Perhaps someone could post the pertinent section of the listserv
guidelines).

As to what "is most telling to " you, I don't understand why you use the
passive voice here.  You are choosing to tell this to yourself, I believe,
for reasons only known to you. Regarding Joe Brennan's comments, I want to
assure you that I read them as closely as I read everyone else's comments.
What however, does it mean to "take them to heart"?  Perhaps you could model
that for me; tell me what you think my proper response to his and your
comments should be, if I "took them to heart"?  Would it be to begin to
interpret literature or philosophy in a different way?  Please be as
specific as possible.

By the way, if you do not want me (or anyone else) to respond to any
particular post of yours, you can put a little note on it: (I request that
the following people refrain from replying to this post:  W, X, Y, Z ).  I
will not choose to take offense.

Regards,

Wei