From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:05:39 -0600
> The other story in the column was speculation that the strongest candidate
for the Michigan State
> coaching job is Denver's George Gwozdecky.  He was an assistant for six
years under Mason
> and his wife is a native of East Lansing.  He is also speculated as a
candidate for Wisconsin since
> he played there and was a graduate assistant coach.

The following comes from Tuesday's column by Gregg Wong in the St. Paul
Pioneer Press:

'However, Gwozdecky said last week, "There's really no other place I'd
rather be than at the University of Denver. There's no place I'd rather live
than Denver. I love our program and our players. The future is bright. All
my attention and time is focused on the University of Denver hockey
program."

But as everyone knows, a mind can be changed in a heartbeat. Gwozdecky
probably is a stronger candidate for the Michigan State job because it's
likely one of Badgers assistants Mark Johnson or Mike Eaves will get the
Wisconsin job.'

For more on this, plus more details on the "Frozen Fest" and the Frozen Four
banquet ($42.50?!?!), etc. in St. Paul, go to:

http://www.pioneerplanet.com/seven-days/tue/sports/docs/238902.htm