From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J. Burton
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:30:19 -0600
                         THE SIN-BIN
                     By Eric J. Burton
                 The "Fabulous Sports Goon"
 Http://members.tripod.com/~unvarnished_truth/sinbin/sinbin.html

        Sin-Bin's Year End Awards

**Coach of the Year. I would have to say Dean Blais, he repeated as the
team to beat in the WCHA. Also give craig Dahl some credit, when two of
his best players left for greener pastures, the Huskies sucked it up and
kept playing.

**Disappointing Team(s) of the Year. The Gophers, they have stumbled and
fumbled and made losing look painful. Another season like this and I
might start feeling sorry for them. :@) UAA and their trap, I wish
someone would take the instructions to this game plan and through them
out burn them, it does not work. Look for Dean Talafous to be the next
coach fired as his coaching stint turned out to be as short lived as the trap.
UAA show little or no offense as their tops player scored only 15 points.

**Disappointing player(s) I would have to say that UND sophmore Goalie Aaron
Schwitzer went from the Penthouse on park avenue to the out house out back.
Groin injury seemed to affect both his confidence and his numbers, look
for him to make a big recovery next year. My second pick would have to be
Dave Spehar, why, he was touted comming out of Duluth East High School as
one of the best to ever step foot on a hockey rink, most of the time he
can be found flooting around the red line waiting for a cherry pick.

        Ice Chips

**Here are the teams that will be hit hard by graduation this year.
The Wisconsin Badgers lose 8 seniors, SCSU and MTU loses 6 seniors,
Minnesota, UMD, C.C. lose 5 seniors

**Some teams will not be affected too much by graduation, UAA will only
lose 4, UND 3, and Denver will lose 2.

        FINAL FIVE PICKS
1) UND 2) Wisconsin 3)Colrado College 4)SCSU 5) Minnesota

SCSU and Minnesota, UofM wins
UND and UofM, UND wins
Wisconsin and Colarado, C.C. wins
UND and C.C. UND wins.