From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 08:55:05 -0600
>        Looking only at the PWR, which is the total number of
>comparisons won by a team, we might conclude that the projected
>tournament field would be the top twelve teams, down through Miami.
>That's the way the selection committee did things in 1996, but it's
>*not* the way it worked last year, and it's not the way it works now.
>Instead, as explained by Joe Marsh to Adam Wodon

The committee never did it that way .... they didn't do it that way in
1996 or ever .... The committee had no idea what I meant by comparison
wins when it was brought up ... they thought PWR was some ridiculous
ranking -- until it was explained to them that it was basically exactly
what they were doing, with that one subtle difference.

AW