From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:57:41 -0600
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Michael A Wolf wrote:

> <lurkmode="off">
> If I'm being obtuse, feel free to let me know (I'm certainly not as
> knowlegable about hockey as some of the people on this list are), but I
> was wondering just how one would actually hide a stick. Where would you
> put it? I can't think of too many options. For that matter, has anyone
> managed to hide a stick sucessfully?
> </lurkmode>

Without trying to be a smart-aleck, the answer is: with the other sticks.
You will notice that teams have either on (or near) their bench a rack (or
pile) of spare sticks. There is typically at least one for each player.

Once a player puts the stick in there, it would become exceedingly
difficult to pick out which stick is the one in question. Because while
#19 may have his number on his sticks, we wouldn't know how many of #19's
sticks are in the rack (or pile). I suspect that if the stick had made it
to the bench, they would have simply gone with the unsportsmanlike
conduct minor and the 10-minute misconduct. (Running on the theory, of
course, that running and hiding your stick on the bench is an admission
of guilt.)

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - [log in to unmask] - http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people - Mr. Garrison