Sender:
From:
Jennifer Tokuyama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:18:38 -0500
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Joe Makowiec wrote:
> Question is, though, where did the kids on this list prep?  How many of
> them came East to one of the prep-school hockey factories, and how many
> went north and played Juniors in the Canadian Plains or Rockies? > Joe
---------------

This is the info that I've gathered re: previous experience of DI
Californians - sorry some are short, feel free to add.

1. Garrett Stafford, UNH, D, So - Los Angeles, CA
3yrs DeMoines Buccneers (USHL), all-star last 2 yrs

2.Jason Platt, Providence Coll, D, Fr - Portola, CA
USA Select 15, 16, 17
96-98 Cushing Academy, MA
Omaha Lancers (USHL) & graduated from Westside HS (Nebraska)
drafted 8th rnd 2000
son of Michigan State footballer and grandson of Michigan footballer

3. Kevin Bjelajac, Boston Univ, D, Fr - Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Bantam AA team & national champs w/ this team
Loyola HS, Los Angeles 1st 2 yrs
Grosse Points South HS (Detroit) final 2 years

4. Jeremy Jackson, Michigan State, C, Fr - Los Angeles, CA
US Nat'l under 18 team
98-00 Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL)
graduated Sardis HS in Chilliwack, BC

5. Nick Ganga, Ohio State, LW, Jr - Santa Monica, CA
Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), MVP

6. Noah Clarke, Colorado Coll, F, So - LaVerne, CA
97-99 DeMoines (USHL), USHL selects
US Jr. Selects
drafted '99 9th round by LA Kings

7. Alex Kim, Colorado Coll, F, Jr - Fullerton, CA
96-97 DeMoines Buccaneers (USHL)
97-99 Ohio's Miami University
99-00 return to DeMoines Buccs (USHL), USHL Selects
graduated Sunny Hills HS

8. Justin Morrison, Colorado Coll, RW, Sr - Los Angeles, CA
95-96 Anaheim Jr. Ducks midgets
96-97 Omaha Lancers (USHL)
97 US Select 17
graduated LACES HS Los Angeles, CA - also played roller hockey

9. Micah Wouters, MSU-Mankato, F, Fr - Palmdale, CA
Debuque Fighting Saints
Cedar Rapids (USHL)
US Select

best,
Jennifer  <<GO BU!>>
native Northern Californian (where there is a gross lack of ice)
BU '99, Harvard '01