Sender:
From:
Susan Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:04:21 -0500
Hey, let's try not to be cruel here!! It's hard for those of us who have
people playing in the MAAC to separate digs at the kids versus digs at the
league or the schools. Yes, the scholarships, the rinks (oh the rinks!) and
a lot of the perks are not what one gets in HE or even ECAC. Granted if the
players were superstars they would be in a better league. And that's true of
the CHA too.

But in three years the league has come a long way from the middle to lower
end of D3, which is where a number of the schools were. I would like to
think it is a place to play for kids in New England and environs who would
be top players in D3, but don't fit in with those schools, want to play
closer to home, etc. Or would be bench-riders in HE if they could afford the
tuition.

Good coaching and school support will go a long way towards improvements all
through the MAAC. And nobody right now knows if the kids will get it. Which
way will the schools go? We can all speculate but nobody really knows what
would turn the tide. Let's see how much a chance at a national berth means
to school administrators at the end of this season. They may all be jealous
of whoever gets there and pick up their programs. We'll see.

I sense a different attitude by the CHA schools towards hockey. Correct me
if I am wrong.

Susan