Sender:
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 20:01:05 EST
I'm not calling it a fluke. "Any team on any given night...."  All I'm saying
is that one weekend of what you might call relative success (I suppose you
could call 1-1-1 a relative success) doesn't make a warpath.  Let's just see
how things plays out over the next couple of months before we say the MAAC is
really making strides.

Actually, there are "real" scholarships in the ECAC -- only the Ivies (Brown,
Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale) prohibit giving athletic
scholarships. Then again, they have ways around that, which have been
discussed at lenght here before.  Most of the rest of the ECAC teams do give
them.  ECAC teams in general can schedule 32 regular season games vs the 34
allowed by the NCAA.  The Ivies only allow themselves 28(?).  I don't think
two games makes too much of a difference for ECAC teams in general, whereas
the Ivies  playing up to 6 fewer is a different story.

Todd Nielson
Crease Monkey Hockey WWW Site
http://members.aol.com/todnielson/creasemonkey.html