Sender:
From:
Jason E Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:39:38 -0800
> >Probably the biggest
> >hurdle for the MAAC is abysmal rinks in the conference only one team has a
> >real 1st class on campus facility.
>
> Good point.  Even with scholarships, several of the MAAC teams are likely
> to have a lot of trouble attracting talented players with the dismal (by D1
> standards) rinks they play in.  It'll be interesting to see if some of
> these schools demonstrate a "commitment" to D1 hockey by upgrading their
> facilities.

I would agree with the sentiment of these two comments.  But I would also say
that there are 4 schools with quite adequate (although I hear you that they
might not be 1st class) facilities: Army, UConn, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst.

=====
       |__   __| |  __  |  Jason Patton        http://www.gojp.com/jp/
 ____     | |    | |__| |      Following College Hockey Since 1991
|____|    | |    |  ____|  Boston U. 1991-1995     Princeton 1995-1998
        __| |    | |       1995 NCAA Champions     1998 ECAC Champions
       |____|    |_|        MAAC Hockey League Game of the Week 1998-