Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:21:52 EST
7bit
From:
Larry Winer <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Having Directv I saw all the games and being in NYC area there was NO college
hockey except for the MAAC final all year. So I would suggest writing the
stations in a positive way. Thank you NESN FSNE FOXD and MSC. Until more big
name schools throughout the US have teams and more local players (from youth
to college the level of interest will be minimal). ***As to rink sizes-
anyone who saw the great small swift Soviet teams knows the large rink favors
the more skilled team and the smaller rink the more physical team- all things
being equal. Give Gretzky more ice and he'll really kill you- let Lindros
play on a small sheet and he will do likewise. ***As a UConn alum I am
prouder of our non-scholarship all US hockey team MAAC tourney hockey team
then our semi-pro basketball teams with their Sudanese and Russian imports.
UConn hockey is what NCAA hockey is all about or supposed to be- ****cynics
of Niagara and the CHA- remember all those Niagara nonconference wins and Air
force dumping Yale and Army tying Providence- on the whole CHA stronger than
MAAC and Niagara a very skilled team with a good game plan and great
goaltending and mucho seniors- best team Army played all season