Sender:
From:
Larry Winer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 11:09:28 EST
I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the holiest of holys in
Cambridge Mass has admitted hockey players with 1000 SAT (old scoring) and
2.5 gpa. They offset the Ivy index by identifying as "hockey recruits"
players with big SATs who will never do more than be JV players.

THAT IS FACT. I won't name the individuals but I know at least two. They
played in the Founders League (New England Prep School League) and attended a
top academic prep school and both graduated from Harvard.