From:
"Dr. Bob Hamilton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:59:40 -0500
I had read this earlier this morning and was surprised by the editing.  For
those wishing a more complete story, see
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2006/11/30/2560938-sun.html

which includes the following snippet.
>>There is no doubt that Serba's ultimate gift was the gift of life. But
Schmidt believes his friend's senseless death has given them all another
gift as well.

"There's a big lesson here," he says. "I've talked to all his friends from
Norwich and we're all taking it in. No matter what, just walk away. You
never know what's going to happen.

"If it can happen to Mike, it can happen to anybody. Unfortunately, it's a
lesson that comes at such a valuable cost." <<