From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:58:33 -0600
This is, again, a fun trip. The games have been good so far, and the
company has been outstanding.

Kathy Martin did her usual exemplary job of organizing a luncheon from
afar. The food was good, and the conversation was exemplary.  There
were new faces and old faces. Owing to the distance (a 10 to 15 minue
walk) and the short time between games, we didn't do the formal "go
around the room and everybody introduce themselves" this year.

Game 1 was interesting.  The teams scored more short handed goals than
power play goals giving them a net -1 for 14 on the power play.
collins' second and third goals both doused North Dakota comeback
attempts.  UND tstuggled the enitre game and the game was far more one
sided than the final 1 goal differential would lead one to speculate.

Game 2 seemed to be far more intense than game 1 and was far closer
than one would think given the final goal differential. Maine fans
seemed to be holding their own in the loudness department, but that
may be a reflection of our location close to the Maine band and the
"maine" block of seats.

NCAA ads on the jumbotron and the ring between top and bottom decks
seemed less intrusive and more in need of an editor (or at least a
spell checker) than prior years.

Seats were better than usual (row 12 in the end zone) and it looked
like the hosts had the foresight to put the "suits" in the hospitality
rooms and give the fans the seats in the lower bowl, a IMHO good
thing. I think that is a good solution for this arena, and other
hosting venues could do similar things.

We were between "e-bay resold" seats, so we had the benefit of
different adjacent people for the different games.

Obligatory pseudo ad
	4 Airline tickets to the frozen 4      $1000
	4 Game tickets for the frozen 4	        $606
	Hotel room for 4 for the frozen 4       $500
	Hockey-l banquet for 4 at the frozen 4   $64
	watching a fan "accidently" spill his soda on the
	backs of the "we will always stand up in front of him" people
	who blocked his view of several goals and saves
		PRICELESS

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon   | charlie shub
 \ /  Campaign Against | University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
  X    HTML in e-mail  | [log in to unmask]           (719) 262-3492
 / \      and news     | http://cs.uccs.edu/~cdash   (fax) 262-3369