From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:31:06 -0500
> Bottom line: Maine hadn't lost a game when it lead after 2 periods  for
> about 120 games. Couple of posts (crossbars), and it's a  different game.

It is actually 108 games after today.  102-0-6  That's pretty amazing stat
one of those that is getting so much play that you know it is bound to end
soon!  ;-)

I wasn't overwhelmed with either Michigan State or my own Black Bears.
Maine played a good first period, but really expended a lot of energy and
never got it ramped up again and Michigan State slowly chipped away, but it
ended up being too much to overcome.  A lot of teams might have packed it in
when Maine made it 4-1, but Michigan State would close it to 4-3 before the
empty net goal that proved to be the GWG.

I'm thrilled that Maine is going to Millwaukee, I just don't know how
serious a threat they are.  I guess everyone who goes has a chance, right?

(FWIW, Bad announcers or not, North Dakota was the best team I saw on TV all
weekend.)