From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:09:52 -0400
Joe LaCour asked:

>>I know the Schott is large, but it is on OSU property.  Which brings up an
interesting question -- how long has it been since the NCAA final was played
"on campus"??<<

According to the article in USCHO, it was 1983 (Grand Forks).

Just looking at the list, it doesn't look like it's happened to often.   I'm
not familiar with the sites in the midwest, but I'd guess that the
Minneapolis (58, 66) and Duluth (68, 81) FFs were not on-campus.  And of
course there are technicalities.  The rink that hosted the Colorado Springs
tournament (48-57, 69) is not on the CC campus, but it was the rink that
they played their home games in.  Same may be true of Troy (59).

Another item of interest from the article:

>>Another item that has come under consideration is a revamping of the
ticket policy for the Frozen Four. One idea is to give long-time fans a
priority in obtaining tickets to the Frozen Four by establishing a pool for
them and then making the tickets available to first-time applicants and/or
local applicants.<<

Clay