From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:22:58 -0700
Just for the record, it wasnt me. Someone else. And in fact, I had no
knowledge of the demographics, and doubt that the average Los Angelino
is or will be ever interested in college hockey. I think for the locals
it was a novelty. I talked to several waitfolks at teh local hotels and
they not only knew about it, but showed a lot of curiosity.... and some
even said they woudl watch it. But I doubt that is a major reason for
hllding it in nontraditional areas. I liked the plan someone mentioned.
Maybe every 2nd, 3rd, 4th (you supply your favorite number) year, you
rotate to a non-traditional place.

I think Mark Lewin made some good points.... and will leave it at that.

Tony