From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:33:44 -0600
On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/15/00 11:46:33 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << the NC$$ has no credibility in any area >>
>
> Given.
>
> However, who makes changes in the NCAA?
>
> Who holds their reins?
>
> It has been my understanding that the participating colleges do.

A case could be made that they control the NCAA only in a way analagous to
the way shareholders control large corportations.  It is true in theory
but not as a practical matter.

 They seem
> to be completely intimidated by the NCAA.  Does that really truly leave the
> NCAA as a governing body totally without controls?

Probably, especially as long as the NCAA produces good revenue for the
schools (I'm cynical about them too).

  What, besides bitching on
> public boards like these, can we as college hockey fans do to correct this
> intolerable situation?

I'm sorry to say I'm not sure there is much that can be done.  I wish I
had something more positive to contribute on this topic.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
North Vancouver, BC