From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:23:52 -0700
I suspect most folks hope this thread kinda dies out for a while, me too.

One last thing I will say (in fact, I was one of the first to say it on
return from Anaheim), the food/gathering places aroudn the Pond ARE
almost non-existent, and they ARE terrible. Stan Willis tried hard, but
the place he chose just screwed up (or us) ... and I was very
disappointed that the usual meeting of  hockey-L friends did not turn
out really well.  OTOH, if you are willing to drive a bit (yes, I sound
like a native, eh?) .... you can get some pretty darn good food. My wife
and I (on Friday, and to avoid freezing our butts), went shopping at the
Southcoast plaza and found a fantastic italian restaurant.  Let's face
it, the idea is to eat inside Disneyland, not just outside the
Pond....Anaheim has become just a bedroom community for Disneyland over
the years.

But what does this all have to do with hockey? No site is perfect. If we
insist on keeping the sites in the N and E, then I suggest we dont
complain about the announcers on ESPN2... only through wider exposure
will the game continue to grow and thrive. Not in my lifetime, but I
assume one of these days, there will be D-I college teams out here.....
I keep telling our AD, who is from BC, that we should start one at Cal
Poly, but he just smiles :-)

Anyway, that is all I have to say. Enough. Good (and a few not so good)
memories for most of us, bad for some. All depends on your viewpoint.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64