From:
Mike Patten <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Patten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:40:17 -0500
How about getting rid of the regionals altogether.
Lets go round 1 -  8 on campus best 2 of 3 .
round 2 - super regional idea.  All 8 go to one site.  2 games each day.
finals -  just like it is now...

brings back the excitement to the home arenas for playoff hockey. For most
hockey fans  getting away to a regional isn't going to happen.  It also
gives more chances for people who can travel to see the other buildings.
helps with upsets in first round
Stops the needs to have many hotel rooms in first round since most tickets
would be local.

brings even more people and more excitement to round 2 while letting more
people see the teams...  Again for those that travel