From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:35:03 -0600
Terry Tuschen wrote:

> The Badger's Dustin Kuk cross-checked a Michigan
> Tech player in the head back in October.  He received the major
> and game dq
> and sat out the following game.  This week the WCHA also slapped
> him with an
> extra game suspension for the hit.  Now, Jeff Sauer doesn't
> necessarily feel
> this is wrong, but he feels that the league should have acted
> more quickly.

What the...? A few weeks ago, WCHA Commish McLeod decided to give Gopher
Erik Westrum an additional 1-game suspension for kicking a Denver (?)
opponent. This was on top of the game DQ and 1-game suspension that he had
already served. Coach Lucia wasn't happy with the extra suspension - he felt
that departing from what was in the rule book was setting a dangerous
precedent.

So now the WCHA is reviewing penalties from 4 months ago? I don't like where
this is heading...

-Indy Rutks ([log in to unmask])